Review of 2019 and Hopes for 2020
Goodbye 2019, Hello 2020
This is my review of 2019 and my hopes for 2020.
- In 2019, I learned some new crochet stitches and techniques. Some of the things I made were donated to charity, mainly blankets for the elderly to the hospital and smaller blankets to an animal sanctuary. In 2020, I hope to be making more items for family and friends, and to keep for myself.
- In 2019, I started a proper bullet journal in a dot grid notebook. I managed to update my journal regularly right up until my son’s recent cancer diagnosis. In 2020, I want to write more in my journal and maybe write creatively too. I also want to get back into blogging as I have let that slide too.
- In 2019, my pen friend of 30 years passed away and I really miss her and our regular correspondence. I can never replace her of course, but it would be nice to have a new pen friend in 2020. Could it be you?
- In 2019, I tried to reduce my screen time and increase the time spent on other hobbies instead. I discovered junk journals and gel press printing. Unfortunately I’m struggling with these activities at the moment, and I have found that my screen time has increased again.
- In 2019, my YouTube channel gained a few more followers, but not as many as I had hoped. I am still chasing the illusive custom URL in 2020. The problem is that there is some really great content on YouTube and I am falling short. I’m not great at talking to camera and it seems as if you need to vlog properly if you want to get anywhere.
- In 2019, my blog went self-hosted and overall I am pleased I made the change. To begin with I spent a lot of time trying to figure out SEO, and developing a theme. In 2020, I would like to expand my blogging tips and gratitude pages.
- The biggest shock of 2019 was my son being diagnosed with cancer for a third time. The goal for 2020 is for him to have a bone marrow transplant and to be in remission again. I will be crowdfunding nearer the time to help with our additional expenses and to fund some treats for my son. In the meantime, if you would like to help out, I do have a paypal account which you can find here.
Thanks for following me in 2019 and for your likes and comments. It means a lot to me to know that people are reading my little blog. Happy New Year to you all xx