Rant Alert: Technical issues between mobile and desktop
I had to have a quick late night edit of one of my published posts recently.
I had originally gone back in to the post to correct a grammatical error. When I updated the post, horror of horrors, my automatic numbering (ordered list) was all over the place. I have had this happen once before with the plain bullet points (unordered list).
It seems to be an issue between creating the post on the desktop version and then editing on the mobile version, and vice versa.
Has anyone else had this problem? Please drop me a comment below.
I create the majority of posts on my phone and keep the formatting simple usually. The mobile app has basic features and has mostly been ok up to now. As the ordered/unordered lists are included in what is available on the app I would expect them to work.
The graphic I have made for this post is me poking fun at myself, but it has a serious note too. In one of my therapy sessions it was noted that perhaps I was a bit more cross than I was letting on!
That said then, I do need to find some more descriptors about exactly how cross I was …
In the case of the messed up formatting, it was a massive inconvenience. I was tired and agitated that I had to work quickly to resolve this problem and save further embarrassment late in the day, when I should have been winding down.
I was annoyed with myself because I had failed to notice the error in my grammar before I published. Then I was annoyed that correcting that problem had created another.
It was a post that originally I had been proud of, but it was now showered with disappointment because it was no longer perfect in my eyes. I worried that my readers had seen my mistakes and laughed or thought I was a failure as a blogger.
I know that a lot of that would be classed as over thinking, but my blog is supposed to be making me feel better, not worse. At that point, my blog was not doing that job, I had let myself down and my blog had let me down.
Grrrr! Rant over!