Mini 3D Birdhouse: Part One
This is part one of how I made this bird house kit, and covers the painting of each part.
I started by separating the die cut pieces and then I painted them with beige Hobbycraft acrylic paint.
Next I painted the front and back with dark lilac, and the two sides with barely pink.
To paint the roof pieces I took some burnt umber and painted a thin layer. While it was still wet, I pressed bubble wrap into it.
The bubble wrap lifted some of the paint, leaving the beige showing underneath, making a tile pattern and texture.
To finish the other parts, I built up random layers of barely pink, dark lilac and burnt umber. I dragged a cocktail stick through the wet paint to make a distressed wood effect.
I glazed all the pieces with slightly watered down PVA glue and left them to dry.
My workspace has been protected the whole time with a silicon baking mat. It is non stick, so the pieces don’t get stuck while they’re drying. The paint residue washes off the sheet easily with soap and water.
Thanks for visiting my blog – please look out for part 2 when I will show you how I assemble and decorate the birdhouse kit.
I would like to use this post as my entry into the following challenge: