I was nominated for the Liebster award a while ago, but I kind of avoid these things as I am not great at being able to answer all the questions! Anyway, as it turns out, Truths of Lai hasn’t set any questions haha, so, what to do? I decided to visit https://www.simplyadiary.com/blog/the-liebster-award – the person who nominated Truths of Lai – and take it from there.
First of all then, I would like to say thank you for the nomination – it was completely out of the blue, so a lovely surprise 🙂
The text below explains what the award is.
What is the Liebster Award? – The Liebster Award … is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules as far as I know are:
✅ Thank the person who nominated you
✅ Explain what the Liebster Award is about
✅ Answer the questions you were given
✅ Nominate eleven other bloggers
✅ Ask eleven more questions
Questions and answers
1. Apple or Android?
Both! I had the same iPhone for 4 years and loved it, but I think that Android really improved in that time, so I like them too 🙂
2. What’s your favourite quote?
My favourite quote at the moment is an affirmation that’s really heating up on Pinterest right now: I refuse to give up because I haven’t tried all possible ways. It comes from my blog post about Positive Affirmations for your journal.
3. What inspires you?
Trying to learn one new thing every day so that I feel like I am making some kind of progress in the world. That could be a new crochet technique or getting to know a computer program better. Yesterday I was exploring Canva in more detail.
4. What made you want to start blogging?
I started about ten years ago with Craft Owl on blogger and then I have had a blog for almost everything on WordPress. This blog, which I started about a year ago as therapy, is my main one.
5. What’s your favourite animal?
I am a big softie when it comes to animals. Cats and rabbits are probably my favourites if I had to narrow it down.
6. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
Somewhere out in the countryside, away from people, and if possible near water and narrowboats.
7. How do you unwind at the end of the day?
I write my journal every evening and sometimes I doodle or colour. Crochet also helps me.
8. Who is your favourite blogger?
I don’t have just one favourite! I like lots of different blogs – lifestyle, travel, craft, photography …
9. What 3 words best describe you?
I don’t really know how to describe myself. I started this blog because I felt lost and like I needed an identity. That’s why my tagline is
I am, have been and will be, different things to different people, but I will always be Marie-Céline.
I decided that being myself was all I needed to be. Nobody else can be me, so I will say the best three word description would be “I am Marie-Céline” – I count that as three words not four because my first name is hyphenated!
10. How do you plan your content?
I don’t have a plan! I keep a list of ideas in my journal which transfer into draft posts on my phone. If I want to make an infographic for Pinterest with text from my post then I type it in a Word document first, which makes it easier to copy and paste into Canva.
11. What’s your favourite song right now?
I like songs from musicals at the moment. Top Hat is one of my favourites:
Or this from Blood Brothers:
- Do you prefer film or theatre?
- Who was your first famous crush?
- What’s your favourite mode of transport?
- Do you buy music or just stream it?
- If you had all the money you needed to restyle your home, what style would you choose? eg shabby chic, urban etc… Pinterest shares welcome
- What’s your favourite GIF?
- Do you think that school days were “the best days of our lives”?
- Do you keep a journal?
- What was the last thing that arrived in the post?
- How often do you see your best friend?
- Do you think about Search Engine Optimisation for every blog post you write?
Congratulations if you made it through to the end of this very long post – I appreciate your time spent on my blog. Please leave me a comment below, or if you prefer you can fill out my contact form to message me privately.